The Surprisingly Intense Workout You Can Get From Land Paddling
The Surprisingly Intense Workout You Can Get From Land Paddling - Your Guide to Land Paddling This Summer
Want to get your body into shape, but don’t have the time or money to join a gym? These days, it seems like there are more ways to get into shape than ever before, from rowing machines and spinning classes to Zumba and CrossFit. If you’re looking for a fun new way to work out that will really get your heart rate up, though, consider land paddling. It turns out that land paddling can be just as effective as traditional exercise, and it’s fun enough that you might actually stick with it long-term. Land paddling is a fantastic activity to get into and you might be surprised that it’s great exercise and super enjoyable!
Since land paddling is similar to surfing, you’ll burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes of land paddling—and you don’t need any equipment besides your longboard and land paddle . It’s a one time investment in your health and new hobby. Known as the ultimate core-body workout, land paddling takes place on what looks like a giant surfboard with the use of a long stick with a rubber ball at the end to further propel yourself and can be done almost anywhere you are. In fact, land paddling is a great way to get fit no matter what your fitness level may be.
In this article we are offering up some tips on how to get started and what to expect from land paddling so you can get in shape fast and have fun doing it! Here are five reasons why you should try land paddling this summer!
What is land paddling?
Land paddling is a surprisingly intense workout that will keep you in shape and fit your core. Plus, it's a great way to get a full-body workout. Your core will be constantly engaged as you maneuver the board.
Why You Should Start Land Paddling Today
Here are four benefits of land paddling that will help motivate you to give it a try:
1) You can make land paddling as easy or hard as you want by adapting the surface you ride on. For example hills will provide a much more efficient core workout than if you were to longboard on a flat surface.
2) Land paddling is fun! You can longboard with friends and family or by yourself.
3) If you have trouble finding time for regular workouts, then this is the perfect thing for you! You'll be surprised at how quickly those 10 minutes will fly by.
4) The best part about land paddling? Core workouts are surprisingly intense!
What can longboarding do for your fitness goals?
Land paddling, or longboarding, is a fun exercise that can help you stay in shape and achieve your fitness goals. It's a great way to get a core workout, as well as improve your balance and coordination. Plus, it's an easy activity to pick up and is suitable for all ages. Land paddling can be done alone or with friends and family. To get started, all you need is a board (choose from street boards, river boards, kids' boards), and clothes that are comfortable enough to move around in.
Core Body Longboarding Workouts
Longboarding is an easy exercise to pick up, and it's a great way to stay fit. The best part about longboarding is that it works out your core muscles. Longboarding requires you to use your core muscles to balance yourself, and this can lead to a stronger and more toned midsection. If you're looking for a fun exercise that will keep you in shape, look no further than land paddling. Here at DonkBoard, we provide all the essential gear needed to explore and enjoy the world around us with ease. When we move our bodies as children, we build strong core muscles. As adults, core exercises are just as important to maintain strength and wellness. Our core helps us stay upright when walking or standing and when we bend over or twist at the waist. When our core gets weak from disuse or poor posture, it doesn't do it’s job so well. Longboarding helps strengthen your core and not only is it a great workout for your abs, but it also works your arms, legs, and pretty much every other muscle group.
Here's an exercise to try yourself:
Here's an exercise to try yourself:
When longboarding, your feet should be about shoulder-width apart on the board so you're balanced when standing on it. Start by standing straight up with your knees slightly bent - then utilize your land paddle to propel yourself forward. The land paddle is an essential tool used to develop your core. Once you've mastered the use of your stick, continue land paddling until you feel like you've gotten a good core workout! Land paddling may seem like an easy and fun exercise, but it will definitely make you break a sweat. To increase intensity and improve endurance, you can also try paddling up hills. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll see progress in your core fitness level just by trying something new and exciting! So, what are you waiting for?
Does it take skill?
No, it's actually quite easy to learn how to land paddle. And once you get the hang of it, you'll be getting a great workout without even realizing it. That's because land paddling works your core muscles, which are essential for maintaining a fit body. And since it's low-impact, it's easy on your joints. Plus, it's a fun way to exercise that will keep you coming back for more.
A Recap on the Benefits of Land Paddling
- It's a great workout for your core.
- It's a low-impact exercise, so it's easy on your joints.
- It's a fun way to get outside and enjoy the scenery.
- It's a great way to meet new people and make friends.
- It's an excellent way to stay in shape and get healthy.
- It can be done at any age and is suitable for both beginners and experienced exercisers alike.
- It's a great way to relieve stress and relax after a long day of work. It can also help with insomnia because of its calming effects on the body.
- If you have back problems or have difficulty bending over due to injuries or surgery, this is an ideal alternative because you don't need to bend down or sit down while doing it.
- If you're looking for something different and challenging that will keep you fit without requiring too much physical effort, land paddling may be just what you're looking for!
4 tips to make your first longboard experience enjoyable
1. Check your ego at the door. Longboarding is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it, but it’s no guarantee this will be easy.
2. Have realistic expectations- you're not going to get a six-pack from land paddling overnight, but you will get a great core workout that will lead to such results.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for help- there are plenty of people who are more than happy to help you get started.
4. Have fun!
Explore with DonkBoard
At DonkBoard we take our product quality seriously. Our wheels are guaranteed for life and our boards provide you with better board control and better board response. We are made in America and provide a sportier more modern look in our boards. Holding up to 350lbs, our boards are strong and durable. They provide smooth, effortless riding and a lowered centre of gravity. Another benefit of our boards is the specially designed wider stance for greater foot space. All of this results in a board that takes less energy per push to cover the same distance than boards with smaller wheels.
Here at DonkBoard we provide an awesome selection of boards including the following options:
Aluminum DonkBoard w/ Easy Carry Finger Holes
The perfect longboard for LandPaddling is made from ultra light aluminum and yet durable to comfortably support up to 350lbs. On top of the uniqueness, finger holes are placed to make the DonkBoard easier to carry and quite portable. The ultimate core workout while great for cruising the streets and not worrying about rock, cracks, expansion joints, cobble stones, etc. Made from durable, strong airplane grade aluminum.
The Rasta Wood DonkBoard is our premium Longboard. Four feet of Longboard with custom stained maple wood. On top of the comfortable ride, we add our dampening risers that give this longboard the qualities to be the best LandPaddling option on the market. Great for cruising the streets.
The Origin of DonkBoard
In a quest to build a longboard designed to conquer the pitfalls of land paddling, DonkBoard created a wheel that enables riders to smoothly glide over typical obstacles that other longboards face. Cobblestone, pebbles, expansion joints, street cracks, etc are effortlessly rolled over with our wheel. While there are a few boards on the market, you really can't do much better than DonkBoards. This premier longboard lowers your center of gravity and provides an incredible level of control. The hallmark wheels not only look wonderfully stylish but enable a smoother, more enjoyable ride. So, if you're looking for the best longboard for land paddling, you can't look further than DonkBoards.