Are longboards easy to ride?
Are longboards easy to ride? This is a question that many people who are interested in trying longboarding ask themselves. The answer, of course, depends on the person. Some people find longboarding easy to pick up, while others find it more challenging. In this blog post, we will take a look at what makes longboarding easy or difficult for beginners, and provide some tips for those just starting out.
Are longboards beginner friendly?
Assuming you have never ridden a skateboard before, longboarding can be difficult. It is easy to fall off balance and end up on the ground. Many beginners give up after a few attempts because it is hard to stay on the board. However, with practice, it does get easier. The key is not to get discouraged and to keep trying. Longboarding provides a lot more margin of error than a traditional skateboard, so you should start to get comfortable in no time.
If you decide to get a land paddle too, then it becomes even easier for beginners as the paddle provides you with much more control.
Here are a few tips for those just starting out:
● Start by practicing in an open, flat area with no obstacles.
● Get a feel for the board by pushing around and stopping.
● Don’t try to go too fast at first, focus on balance and control.
● Try simple tricks like going around in circles or riding with one foot off the board.
● As you get more comfortable, you can start trying more difficult tricks and skating in different terrain.
● Get a land paddle to help control your movements.
Finding the perfect board for you
When starting out with a new board, it is important to find one that is the right size and shape for you. It should be big enough to provide stability, but not so big that it is difficult to maneuver. The shape of the board also affects how easy it is to ride. A shorter, wider board is easier to balance on than a long, narrow one. At DonkBoard, we have a fantastic selection of boards designed with ease of use in mind to give you a great, fun core workout. So, if you're thinking about getting into longboarding or land paddling, then get in touch today!